Friday, December 7, 2012

Retrieval Day

There is so much to write and I don't even know where to begin.

I guess I will start with Wednesday's appointment, it was pretty much the same as the earlier ones, except this time everything looked and instead of being along my merry way I was taken to the nurses office for my instructions. I had to take my trigger shot that night at 11:30. Thursday I was to start taking Doxycycline twice a day and report for the retrieval Friday morning at 11:30.  Wednesday was a great night, only 1 shot!

Thursday night was quiet, I was very happy to not have any shots that evening.  Caleb came to me to ask me about what was going on. We have been pretty quiet about the IVF.  So I gave him a brief lesson in the whole process and he handled it pretty well.  I was a little scared that he wouldn't a new baby very well, but he is pretty accepting of it. They grow up so fast. I think he will make an excellent big brother.

Today was the big day, Retrieval Day! I wasn't even nervous, probably because I was too busy being hungry, thirsty and cranky. Once I arrive at the center, they had me change into one of the oh so fashionable gowns, you know the ones with the air conditioning in the back. Plus I was able to accessorize it with a stylish blue hair cap. They set me up with the IV and took my vitals and then brought me to the actual room for the retrieval.  I remember the anesthesiology saying this is for the nausea, this is for pain and this is for...

Next thing I know I am waking up in the recovery room and Michael is there holding my hands and he tells me they retrieved 13 eggs.

The nurse will call on Sunday to give us an update on how many fertilized and survived. I'm praying for a good number.

I am spending the rest of the day on the couch and taking it east.

xoxox
Love & Baby Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment