Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas

The last couple of days have been crazy, trying to finish up Christmas shopping, working, wrapping gifts, cooking and baking.  But we survived Christmas.

Christmas Eve I ended up only having to work until 2. We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchange with the in laws. We actually got home pretty early around 9 and I went straight to bed. Apparently growing life inside of you is exhausting. Caleb went back to his moms.

Christmas morning, I woke up early an started the tasks of cooking and cleaning.  I made three different desserts a Chocolate Egg Nog Pie, my Chocolate Godiva Cake and a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I roasted a turkey, baked some macaroni and cheese and made some Parmesan spinach and mashed potatoes.

Caleb home around three and we opened our presents.  I think he was happy with his gifts



Yes, that is a record he is holding. He wanted a record player for Christmas. He is a pretty cool kid.

I think I managed to avoid drinking alcohol without arousing any suspicion. I even went for a bottle of alcohol during the Chinese gift exchange. I really can't wait until the first trimester is over and we can make our announcement. We still need to Caleb, but he is going to his Mom's today and I'm not sure when he is coming back and we want to tell him together. I'm a littler nervous. He has been his Dad's only child for 17 years and the center of his world and that is going to change.

*********************************************************************************

I woke up this morning and my boobs were sore and I was so excited. I know I am a little crazy, but every symptom makes the pregnancy more a reality. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my official blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment