Sunday, May 26, 2013

26 weeks

This past week Robbie's and Rylee's kicks have gotten stronger,but not painful yet, so it is still an enjoyable experience. I'll only be doing this once, so I better enjoy it while I can.  This past week has been uneventful.  It is getting harder and harder to get up every day and go to work.  I'm pretty good the half first of the day, but the second half of day I feel useless and I get more and more uncomfortable. I'm almost looking forward to bed rest. I'm not looking forward to being confined to the house for 9 weeks though. I have lots of things planned to keep me myself occupied from the recliner/bed.

At 26 weeks, we are reaching the end of the second trimester. According to The Bump, the twinjas are the size of a head of lettuce. I'm not sure if my belly is big enough for that. I might head to the grocery store and check it out.  Their about 14 inches long and weigh about 1 2/3 to 2 pounds.  They have eyelashes and their eyes will be opening soon. Their sense of hearing is even more sensitive. They are also inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, practicing for their first breaths.

As for Mom, I am doing pretty well. The heart palpitations are still happening, so I am going to be fitted for a Holtor monitor on Tuesday to monitor my heart rate for 24 hours, just to be sure it is just normal twin stuff. I didn't gain any weight this week.




26 Weeks
Total weight gain: 27 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Yes! I'm loving my dresses right now.
Stretch Marks? No, moisturizing three times a day. I'm doing a combination of cocoa butter and vitamin E
Sleep? I have slept a little better this week, sleeping until 3 instead of 2.
Best Moment this week? Last weekend I spent lots of time with my mom :)
Miss Anything? Sweet Tea
Food Craving? No particular cravings this week
Gender prediction? One of each.I was right!
Labor Signs? No and hopefully not for a very long time.
Symptoms? Shortness of breath, itchy stomach (not scratching though), heart palpitations, fatigue and strangely the hair on my legs stopped growing.
Belly Button in or out? Kind of flat
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy, nervous
Looking forward to? Having Nicole take some maternity photos for me


Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment