Monday, May 13, 2013

24 weeks


It is hard to believe that I am already 6 months along, time seems to be going by so quickly but so slowly at the same time.  In 13 weeks I can be holding my babies, of  course there is so much to be done in the mean time, sometimes I panic that there won't be enough time to get everything done.

This weekend was Mother's Day Weekend. I received a lot of Happy First Mother's Day wishes. I appreciated the well wishes, but on the other hand. I have been a "mom" for four years now to my incredible stepson. He may not have grown under my heart but he did grow in it.  He did wish me a Happy Mother''s Day and said it will be my last one with him as my only child.  I have been really blessed to have him in my life. Next year will be my first one as a "mommy" though.

We spent Mother's Day Morning and part of the afternoon with my mom on Jekyll Island and went to dinner with Michael's family. It was a really nice day.  The best thing was that being in car for 2 hours allowed Michael and I to settle on baby names.  On the drive to Jekyll Island we settled on our son's name. We narrowed down our long list to 5 names and we agreed on Robert Steven, for my father-in-law and brother-in-law.  We will call him Robbie. On the way back we settled on our daughter's name. We didn't have many "R" girls names on the list so we had to start from scratch there.  We both fell in love with Rylee and of course she will have the middle name Perrell. Perrell is a family name, mine and my mom's middle name created from my Granny's name Pearl. So we have Robbie and Rylee!!

Since this is getting pretty long here is a quick development update.  At 24 weeks Robbie and Rylee (R & R) should have gained about 4 ounces. Their still pretty lean, but will be starting to plump out. Their brains are growing quickly now and taste buds are developing. Lungs are developing too!  Mommy is doing well, no new symptoms or complaints this week.



24 Weeks
Total weight gain: 25 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Yes! They are cute and comfy.
Stretch Marks? No, moisturizing three times a day
Sleep?It's difficult but I get my best sleep the nights Michael rubs my feet.
Best Moment this week? Spending Mother's Day with our families and choosing names
Miss Anything? Chicken
Food Craving? Pizza
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing this week!
Gender prediction? One of each.I was right!
Labor Signs? No and hopefully not for a very long time.
Symptoms? Shortness of breath, itchy stomach (not scratching though), heart palpitations
Belly Button in or out? Kind of flat
Wedding rings on or off? On but it keeps slipping off.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy
Looking forward to? Mother's Day Celebration with Caleb


Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment