Saturday, May 18, 2013

25 Weeks

For some reason I have been obsessed with the thought of stretch marks this week, wondering if I will avoid them. I took a poll on one of Twin Mom groups and there were a few moms who said they didn't get any, but most said they did end up with them. I know it is a silly thing to worry about but I do. I can't help it with my body image issues.  Will I ever wear a bikini again?  If I do get them I should wear them with pride, they will by my badge of honor. I will be a tiger mom who earned her stripes. There are plenty of women out there who would give anything to have the stretch marks for a baby in return.

This past week I had my first crazy birth dream.  I dreamed I gave birth to two miniature sumo wrestlers. They were both boys, one was black and one was white. They were babies, but looked like little men.  I kept telling the doctors that something wasn't right, I was supposed to have a girl but no one would listen. They wouldn't even fit into their infant car seats.  It was so crazy and vivid!

This week is week 25, Every week gets harder but I am also so very happy that Robbie and Rylee are still cooking and doing well. I am always amazed when I catch a glimpse of my growing belly, sometimes it doesn't seem real. It's important to never give up hope.

According to Babycenter.com they should weigh about 1.5 pounds, but they are probably a little bit over that now. They're exchanging their long lean looks for some baby fat and are looking more and more like their newborn selves. They are also growing more hair! If they have it! I was born with a head full of hair.



25 Weeks
Total weight gain: 27 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Yes! They are cute and comfy.
Stretch Marks? No, moisturizing three times a day. I'm doing a combination of cocoa butter and vitamin E
Sleep? I have seen 2 am three times this week
Best Moment this week? We went to see Iron Man 3
Miss Anything? Chicken and wine
Food Craving? Fruit Salad from Publix (watermelon, strawberries, grapes, honey dew and cantaloupe)
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing this week!
Gender prediction? One of each.I was right!
Labor Signs? No and hopefully not for a very long time.
Symptoms? Shortness of breath, itchy stomach (not scratching though), heart palpitations
Belly Button in or out? Kind of flat
Wedding rings on or off? On but it keeps slipping off.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy and a little scared.
Looking forward to? 5 days off from work


Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment