Monday, January 21, 2013

8 Weeks and ultrasound


“For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted my request.” ~ 1 Samuel 1:27

My prayers have been answered and it is a double blessing, we are having twins!  On Friday I had my ultrasound with Dr. B. After waiting 50 minutes and a bout of my all day sickness I was ready for the news.  I was a little nervous and Michael went straight to the chair to sit down.  Dr. B and the nurse on duty started taking bets on how many there would be. Dr. B thought one and the nurse thought 2. As soon as Dr. B had the wand situated he announced it was 2. Michael thought he was kidding and and was pretty much in shock the rest of the appointment.  It was such a joy to see my miracles, even if they just look like inkblots to me.  I was able to see  and hear the flutter of their heartbeats.  It was the happiest moment of my life.  Surprisingly enough I didn't cry, but I did tear up. I feel so blessed and happy. My dreams are starting to come true.

Michael is slowly coming out of his shock and is even making name suggestions, Luke & Leia if it is a girl and a boy. I love him.  Caleb is still handling things well, making sure I am eating and taking care of myself.

About four more weeks until the first trimester is over, but with twins the risks of miscarriage is greater and will drop dramatically until week 20 or so. So I am continually praying for sticky babies.

Side by side

Heartbeat for baby B

Heartbeat for Baby A

Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment