Sunday, June 9, 2013

28 weeks

Hello 3rd trimester! I am so happy to have made it this far. 28 weeks is is an important milestone. Survival rates increase to 90% at 28 weeks. According to babycenter.com the babies should weigh about  2 1/4 lbs. At my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, 27 weeks and 4 days they were both about 2 1/2 pounds so they are both still gaining weight at a good rate. Everything looks really good with the babies.  Their eyesight is still developing and their still adding more body fat to prepare for the outside world.

There was an issue discovered during ultrasound that was discovered some funneling and shortening of the cervix, so I was put on immediate modified bed rest, so no more work for me. I am also on 10 mg of Procardia 4 times a day to help prevent preterm labor.  I will be visiting the doctor every two weeks now.

The first 5 days of bed rest haven't been too bad, trying to keep myself on a schedule. I am sure the longer it goes the harder it will be. But anything to have healthy babies. My final goal is still 37 weeks and and no NICU time. But my next short term goal is 30 weeks.


Me at 28 weeks.

Baby Boy 27 weeks and 4 days

.
Baby Girl 27 weeks and 4 days




28 Weeks
Total weight gain: I didn't get a scale on this week, feeling rather mooish.
Maternity Clothes? Yes! I also love Michael's t-shirts they are so comfy and perfect for the house.
Stretch Marks? I started to notice some faint ones on my hips. I'm not always focused with moisturizing there.
Sleep? Between my bladder and having to wake up to take meds, sleep is a challenge.
Best Moment this week? Seeing my babies during the ultrasound.
Miss Anything? Sweet Tea
Food Craving? Oreo and cookie dough blizzards
Gender prediction? One of each.I was right!
Labor Signs? Shortening and funneling of the cervix
Symptoms? Shortness of breath, itchy stomach (not scratching though), heart palpitations, fatigue and strangely the hair on my legs stopped growing.
Belly Button in or out? Flat
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy, nervous
Looking forward to?Starting my Hynobabies trading.

I'll be back tomorrow to share the details of my baby shower. Leave me some love so I know you were here.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment